Top 10 Blogging Facts I Have Learnt in The Year 2009
Posted by atreyee on December 30, 2009
Though I am a newbie in the blogging world, I have picked up some rock solid facts throughout this year. I would like to share them with you so that you can work upon them and live a successful 2010 like me…
I have been blogging for quite sometime now but I still feel there is a lot more that I can learn through this online medium. In the due course of time, I have also made a couple of friends across the globe and their advices and suggestions have made me grow from a novice to a pro-blogger.
So as I am preparing myself to welcome 2010, I wish to make a quick list of all the tips that I manage to accumulate in my kitty in 2009. I am just not sure whether it will benefit all the bloggers out there. But surely it is going to be a great learning curve for the newbie bloggers. They will feel excited about the prospects that the blogging medium can fetch them. So let’s catch up with some of the best ones:
1. Choose any of the free blogging platforms like WordPress, Blogger, TypePad, and so on are indeed great ways of starting your blog. Also choosing the right hosting provider is an absolute must.
2. If you select a long domain name, make sure each word is separated by a dash.
3. Always aim to be an expert on the niche you chose to write.
4. Make sure about what you write. It’s always better to be accountable. In that way, your readers can always confide on you.
5. You must not focus on writing for readers alone, or for that matter, search engines. Writing for both will get you the desired exposure to carve a niche for yourself in the freelance writing industry. People will come to know that you are a great writer and at the same time, they will also invest their money on your service offerings.
6. The design of your blog matters. Whoever said that ‘first impression counts’ was right- It does big time. When people click on your link, the first thing that catches their attention is the look and feel of the blog. If they take a fancy upon it, only then they proceed to read the content.
7. A ‘Contact Me’ page is a must have for your blog. After reading your posts, people may like to get in touch with you either for some advices, suggestions, or business. This page makes their work easier.
8. Check your blog statistics more than often and work to improve on it. Don’t think that people will find their way to your blog by themselves. You will have to take the necessary efforts to reach to the people and make them aware that you have a blog, through which you want to share your opinions and views with the world.
9. If you are not yet a member of any social networking site, then you are definitely missing out on something important. Sites like Twitter, Digg, StumbleUpon, FaceBook (apologise for not being able to mention all) give you a golden opportunity to interact with other members of the blogging community. You may share your stuff with them and talk on the latest happenings in the blogging world. Not only that, if they like your stuff, you can be assured that you will have a loyal fan base throughout your life.
10. Last but not the least; patience and determination are the key to success. Don’t think that miracles will happen overnight. It takes time but pays off really well in the end.
Wish you all a Happy 2010!